Under no circumstances do we rent, sell or trade in any way, your personal data. AvexiA Ltd is a professional audio visual systems integrator, and our business interests only extend to providing these services to our customers. Further, we don’t get involved in any marketing activities with other organisations. However, naturally there is a need for certain data to be retained and used, and this policy sets out what we gather, how we use this data, and any very strictly limited reasons why we may disclose it to other organisations or individuals.
Within this policy document the use of the words ‘us’, ‘we’ and ‘our’ refers to AvexiA Ltd
Types of data we collect:
We may collect the following information:
- Name, job title and description of your role
- Contact email address
- Business telephone numbers
- IP address for video conferencing (if we need to communicate in that way)
- Business address
- Qualifications, training and skills (in the case of our suppliers and sub-contractors)
- Essential contact details for invoicing and accounts
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences
How we collect information about you:
There are a number of ways that we retain your data, but all of these are only done with your express ‘positive’ permission.
These include the following:
- Your completion of any form on this website
- Communication via telephone
- Communication via video conference
- Communication via email
- Communication via social media
How we use your data:
We only use your data for our legitimate business needs, and to be able to provide the goods and services that you are either interested in or have contracted us to provide to you, or you to us. This includes the following:
- Upkeep of our private data base
- Use of our website
- Correspondence and general communication with you to conduct business with you
- Correspondence and general communication with you to provide information
- Marketing (where you have provided your authorisation for us to do so)
- Send important information that may relate to product or software updates etc
Providing your personal information to others:
In the vast majority of cases there will be no need for your personal information to be provided to others. However, there are some circumstances where this may be needed and these are detailed below:
- We may employ another organisation or sub-contractor to perform all or part of the service you have requested. Under these circumstances we may need to provide your contact details for the purposes of fulfilling our contract with you or provide documentation you have requested (an example of this may be if we need to send a specialist contractor to your site to perform a service contracted to us).
- We may have to arrange drop-shipments of goods to you, and have to provide your personal contact details to our suppliers.
- We may have to provide your personal details where we are expressly requested to do so by another entity that has the legal powers to do so (an example of this may be for law enforcement).
It should be noted that in any of the above scenarios, your data would only be provided to others if they have certified to us in writing that they are fully compliant with privacy laws applicable at the time.
Retaining and deleting your data:
- We only retain your data for as long as it is needed for the purposes it was obtained.
- We review our data regularly to ensure that is legitimately held and complies with this policy.
- If we delete your data this is done by secure irrevocable means.
You can contact us to determine what personal data we hold about you. In these circumstances the following will apply:
- We will ask for a fee of £10.00 to provide this information (you will be asked to provide a photo copy of official documentation before the information is provided).
- At any time, you can advise us that you do not wish to be included in any marketing activities.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
At some places in the site, cookies are used to enhance your online experience. Most browsers now recognize when a cookie is offered, and permit you to refuse or accept it. If you are not sure whether your browser has this capability, you should check with the software manufacturer or your Internet service provider.
- Analysis – to help us to analyse the use and performance of our website and services (cookies used for this reason are as supplied by Google Analytics).
- Authentication – to identify you when you visit our website and as you navigate it (cookies used for this purpose are as supplied by Google Analytics)
If you choose decline cookies this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Cookies used by our service providers
We use Google Analytics to analyse our web site. The information gathered relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website.
Please note: Most browsers allow you to remove/delete cookies. However, if you choose to decline cookies this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. More information can be obtained from the browser providers websites.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
AvexiA Ltd contact details
The owner of this web site is AvexiA Ltd
AvexiA Ltd are the data controller in respect of personal data gathered.
AvexiA Ltd is registered in England and Wales – Company registered number: 6622264 (date of incorporation 17th June 2008)
Registered address: 58 Church Street, Winchester, Hampshire, SO21 3DB
Should you wish to communicate with us in respect of your personal data please contact the following in writing:
Data Protection Officer (using the address above).
Document Date: 23.05.2018